Exercise Association Roadshow 2018 – 5 CPD points
New Zealand’s Roadshow, dedicated to supporting the New Zealand fitness industry.
The Roadshow is designed to support New Zealand’s exercise industry with a ½ day workshop, held in 8 cities around New Zealand.
All new format for 2018:
- A mini Keynote session (hosted by industry leaders)
- Two sessions delivered by industry guru John Polley (JP) on for both PTs and Managers
- Post event: a round table discussion, which will give you the chance to ask any questions you may have to our presenter and industry leaders.
Roadshow ’18 is an amazing opportunity to learn the ‘latest and greatest’ from one of the industry’s exercise gurus, as well as staying up to date on what’s happening in the industry. BOOK NOW to pay the lowest fees possible with discounts for REPs registered trainers and ExerciseNZ members. Earlybird ends 18 May 2018
Full information available in the video below
2018 dates are out now!
|Auckland – Mon 11 June||Hamilton – Tues 12 June||Tauranga – Wed 13 June||Napier – Thur 14 June|
|Palmerston North – Fri 15 June||Wellington – Mon 18 June||Dunedin – Tues 19 June||Christchurch – Wed 20 June|
Auckland – Fickling Centre – 546 Mount Albert Rd, Three Kings, Auckland
Hamilton – Wintec, Rotokauri Campus – Gilchrist Street, Avalon, Hamilton
Tauranga – Toi Ohomai institute of Technology – Windermere Campus
Napier – Pettigrew Green Arena – 480 Gloucester Street, Taradale, Napier
Palmerston North – Community House – 77-85 King St, Palmerston North
Wellington – Skills Active Offices – 14 Sages Ln, Te Aro, Wellington (downstairs meeting room)
Christchurch – The Tannery – 3 Garlands Rd, Woolston, Christchurch (Conference room is above the Cinema at the far end of the complex)
Dunedin – Sargood Centre Otago Polytechnic – 40 Logan Park Drive, North Dunedin, Dunedin
NEW: Mini Keynote ~ 9am – 10am.
- The latest news and information about our industry – join Richard Beddie, CEO of ExerciseNZ for an update on what’s currently happening in the Exercise industry, here and abroad.
- ACC and our industry – important updates on what ExerciseNZ are doing with ACC, and how you can be part of the solution.
- Skills Active Aotearoa will also be here to give you information on our industry’s education sector. Find out what changes are happening and how they can effect those new to the industry and those that employ them.
- How to use the media to get FREE publicity. These days its hard to stand out in a crowded market, and your customers and now see more messages from competitors that ever. Learn how to use the media to establish yourself (as a trainer or facility) as a source of expertise, with no a price tag!
Featured Presenter John Polley (JP) ~ 10am – 12pm
‘The ultimate 3D movement tool’ – Training the whole body in 3 dimensions is being understood as vital to human performance, whether that be for everyday life, sport or elite level pursuits. Join JP to learn more of the ‘why’ behind this form of training and enjoy some practical experience too. This will be a session using play based techniques and the best of integration training, for ultimate tissue response and client connection/retention.
‘How do you motivate someone you don’t really know – time to ask not tell’ – This will be a session based around a questioning technique to ascertain what’s important to people and therefore how to motivate them. THEY give you the answers, instead of YOU trying to guess and fail. This is for trainers motivating clients, or managers for getting the best from their team. It challenges us all to leave egos at the door.
Note: Both sessions are for both trainers and facility managers.
NEW Round Table Discussion ~ 12pm – 1pm
Have questions you want answered? Subjects you’d like to discuss? Ideas you’d like an opinion on? So, bring along your lunch (optional) and sit down and talk with Richard (CEO ExerciseNZ), Stephen (Registrar at REPs), John Polley (our awesome presenter), Skills Active Aotearoa, plus local experts on what happening in the industry. This will be a more casual session with chances to talk as a small group after the formal sessions.
Note: Attendance at the roundtable is optional.
About our presenter – John Polley
John Polley (JP) is an international presenter, author, master instructor and coach. He owns BE FREE movement and wellness studio in Perth, WA where he helps a wide range of clients from professional athletes through to the severely restricted, as a movement therapist and movement coach.
His work takes him from functional anatomy, to myofascial mobility, to 3D movement, to play and high performance, then on to how all these affect the human being, not just the human body. For JP, 3 dimensionality is more than sagittal, frontal and transverse planes; it’s also connecting with the human on mental, emotional AND physical planes too.
JP is a passionate speaker with a sharp sense of humour, who connects with people on the human level and forms a collaborative to learning. In everything he does, he endeavours to deliver an educational experience, rather than just ‘a workshop’.
|Earlybird||After 18 May|
|REPs Registered Trainers||$59||$99|
|Other (Non ExerciseNZ Members/Non REPs Registered)||$99||$149|