Presenter: Shane Way
Shane Way is a 3-time New Zealand Exercise Industry Award Winner, wining Student of the Year 2016, up and coming Personal trainer of the Year in 2017 & Community Contribution in 2018. Shane was most recently a finalist in both the People’s Choice & Educator of the Year at the 2019 New Zealand Exercise Industry Awards
Shane runs his own business, Your Way Wellbeing where he provides services including Personal training, wellbeing coaching and specialises in public speaking, workshops & Seminars. His goal is to help people from all walks of life to build a community working towards health, happiness and wellbeing.
Shane is also an Academic staff member at the Wintec Centre for Sport Science and Human Performance where he teaches across their certificates, diplomas and Sport Science Degree. He also contracts to The Waikato District health Boards Mental Health Services, delivering several programmes to support recovery & wellbeing through physical activity.
Shane is also known for his volunteer work through mental health awareness, is part of the Waterboy’s Speaker Series Everybody’s game and is a youth mentor, educator and proud representative within the Takatāpui community. He has spoken at Fitex in both 2018 & 2019 covering topics such as Mental Health, Wellbeing, Business and Self Care.
Session: Mental Health, Motivation & Movement
If you haven’t had a lived experience of mental health, then it’s hard to understand what’s going on for your client. The session is designed to help you gain insight into living with mental illness, and to gain the skills and tools needed to work with, encourage and support people battling an invisible disease.
- Gain the ability to understand the main mental health disorders within New Zealand that your clients may present and identify with.
- Identify the signs and symptoms of these mental illnesses, just as you would be able to with a physical illness.
- Understand the barriers to exercise that these mental health disorders create for people accessing physical activity
- Learn how to become more vulnerable so that you can not only work with, but support and motivate clients who are mentally unwell to achieve their goals
- The goal is for you to leave the session with a deeper understanding of the Mental health landscape in New Zealand, how to work with clients who are struggling with mental illness and have more confidence in your ability to do so.
Session: Becoming Your Best Business You
Becoming your best business you will be a high speed hands-on workshop, designed to support you in taking that leap of faith to level up, expand your business and becoming everything you’ve ever dreamed of, but haven’t figured out how to…
- Utilising and understanding Business Model Canvas (BMC) to come up with a living and moving business model.
- Thinking outside the box and letting your creativity flow to help you reach your desired outcomes business.
- Through coaching we want to open your mind to further opportunities and help you realise your full potential.
- Expand yourself, your career and your business – Get out of your comfort zone and into your growth zone.
- The goal is for you to leave with a fire in your belly and a tangible idea to start growing, evolving and levelling up your business and your life!